Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Are you watching this?


The NBA playoffs, at least in the first round, seem meaningless. The season is so long, and the playoffs seem like they last for 2 months (which might actually be true). So it took something monumental to get me to start watching.

The event that got me started was game 5 of the Mavs-Warriors series. The whole idea of the upset had become more and more interesting, and when I noticed online that GS was leading in the second half I had to tune in. I was lucky enough to catch both that game (amazing choke by GS) and the final of the series.

What really stood out to me was the play of Baron Davis. I've always thought of him as a good guard who you generally have to be wary of in fantasy hoops due to the injury risk. If you haven't checked him out running the new Warriors offense, make sure you do. They're one of the most entertaining teams I've seen in a long time, and Davis is a true star. Their dismantling of the Mavs was simply astounding.

So now I'm hooked. Last night's Suns-Spurs game was incredible, and Nash lived up to his hype as the most dominant player in the league. That a guy that small (and white) can dictate an entire game defies logic.

Here's hoping for a Suns-Warriors semi-finals.

No comments: