Monday, May 7, 2007

NBA Draft/Lottery

The Lottery and NBA draft are fast approaching. I have a few comments.
1) This years draft WILL be comparable to the LeBron, Melo, Darko, Wade, Bosh, Ford, Hienrich draft of 2003.
2) If you want to be entertained, check out the 2000 NBA draft http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_NBA_Draft
Before you click, guess who the best player from that draft is...and then realize it is a Florida player who is at best, a great 6th man.
3) I don't even want to talk about Durant and Oden (I'd take Durant on most teams), because I think the interesting area is 3-10. Corey Brewer? Al Horford? Noah? Mike Conley? Yi? Personally, I take Yi at 3 if I am several years away...a Sonics type of team (and especially on the West Coast). If I need a PG I say screw it and take Conley at 3. If I were the Bucks, I would take Horford. Anyone else should be happy to land Corey Brewer. I think he is going to be a stud defensive 3.
4) If Hibbert enters the draft, I think he is going to be terrible. Oden is going to be special and there is still questions about him being the right piece with the changing pace of the NBA. Hibbert is like a poor man's Oden, with a little more scoring ability.

No comments: