Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Josh Smith II

Okay, I benefitted from J-Smoove in every league I was in last season, so I'm a big fan. Part of the reason for this is that I was able to pick him up in the third (or fourth!), where he was a bargain. This was justified by his last-month performance in the previous season, which pointed to a significant increase in 06-07. I should always be so lucky.

For next year's draft? I won't be surprised to see him go late in the first round...if Chris has a pick there (AK47 anyone?). Smoove's value for next year is around pick 14 - there's no realistic reason to expect that his numbers will improve considerably. If anyone ends up taking him as their #1, they better hope that they get a steal with their #2 - he's not at the level to carry a team. If any of these 13 guys were there, would you leave them on the table for JS?

LeBron, Kobe, Dirk, KG, Arenas, Pierce, Marion, DWade, Paul, Yao, Bosh, Pau, Brand

And there are others who are at least of arguably equal value - Dwight Howard, Nash, etc.

Don't go overboard. Remember - I picked him in the 4th round and didn't even make the playoffs!

No comments: