Monday, June 4, 2007

Billy Donovan


Re: Billy Donovan trying to get out of his signed contract with Orlando
We try to keep it family here, but I just have to say it:

What a dong.

To borrow from an Uncle of mine, show some personal responsibility and honor your commitment. He took a job which immediately caused excitement about the team, extra season ticket sales, etc. If he was not sure or having second thoughts, why did he take the job in the first place?

This just doesn't make any sense to me. If I were Orlando, I would allow him three options:
1) Work for the Magic and love it.
2) Take 5 years of unpaid vacation (the duration of the contract) and then he can go work for the Gators.
3) Get a sandwich board with "I'm sorry I'm an idiot on it" and walk around Orlando for a few days.

Ugh...I hate how once they become well regarded they are so coddled...(see: Saban, Nick)

No comments: