Saturday, June 16, 2007

Why the Bucks will take Conley

Again, who am I to judge who has the most talent among the top draft prospects? What I can judge, however, is which prospect is the most boring. Barring someone like Jeff Green, the pick that most depresses me is Conley, only in that it doesn't do much to progress the team.

So why do I get the feeling that he's the guy? It's the scenario that best fits if Herb is thinking about selling. It's the best pick for keeping the bottom line as low as possible. They won't catch any flack for not re-signing Mo, because Conley will be their PG of the future. So they get a bargain exchange.

I could be wrong, and this could be a setup for taking that same money and paying Gerald Wallace (a player who Charlotte won't be letting go, but why not dream?), but they don't give the appearance of a franchise about to make a big push.

Does it matter? If the Bulls could actually pull off a trade for Kobe, I might be able to put aside my hatred for all things Skiles.

1 comment:

Swo said...

I am still torn on this. If they take Conley, I think that they are going to be bad for another year. If they get another guy, they might be better next year, but possibly with less potential in subsequent years...hmm...