Friday, June 29, 2007

Jack McCallum on Yi

From Sports Illustrated:
He [Yi] looked shocked and saddened. He said he didn't know much about the Bucks because he hadn't seen a lot of them on television in Chinca. He said the Bucks hadn't even worked him out. Well, this isn't college. The NBA knows about you; there aren't a lot of secrets here. Teams don't have to come to your house, talk to your mother and father and ask you what you want to major in. He was the best player available, and the Bucks looked at it like a fortuitous thing that he was still there. They want to keep him.

In my mind the Bucks were the underachieving team of the NBA last season. I think they have a lot of talent. I really like their team, especially if they can re-sign point guard Mo Williams. Whether they're going to better, I don't know. But I just think he's going to a better team than he thinks he is.

No comments: